월요만나

월요만나
2014년 2월 10일 월요만나 - 동료에게 알려주시겠습니까?

본문

MONDAY MANNA February 10, 2014 WOULD YOU TELL YOUR COLLEAGUE? 동료에게 알려 주시겠습니까? By Ken Korkow If you saw a work colleague come out of a restroom and noticed he had forgotten to pull up the zipper on his pants, would you tell him to avert a potentially embarrassing situation? If you were walking in the parking lot after work, stopped to talk briefly with a coworker and noticed a tire on her car appeared very low, would you tell her so she could avoid a major problem on the way home? 만약 당신이 한 직장동료가 화장실에서 나오는 것을 보았는데 그가 바지 지퍼 올리는 것을 잊고 있는 것을 발견하였다면, 당황스러운 상황에 처하는 것을 방지하기 위하여 그에게 알려 주시겠습니까? 만약 당신이 일과 후에 주차장에서 걸어가다가 멈춰 서서 동료 직원과 잠깐 이야기하고 있는데 그녀의 차에 타이어가 바람이 많이 빠져있는 것을 발견하였다면, 그녀에게 알려주어서 집으로 돌아가는 길에 곤란한 문제를 피할 수 있게 하시렵니까? Or if you recognized a friend of work had a disturbing habit or trait that was preventing that person from advancing within the company, would you tactfully tell him or her so positive changes could be made? This last situation probably would be the most difficult, since not everyone responds favorably when flaws are pointed out. But I think we would agree in all three scenarios, it would be best to inform them and give them the opportunity to correct the situation. And we would most likely appreciate it if we were having any of those problems and someone told us. 혹은 만약 당신이 직장의 친구가 거부감을 주는 습관이나 성품을 가지고 있어 그 사람이 회사에서 진급하지 못하게 막고 있다는 것을 알게 되었다면, 그에게 요령 있게 잘 말해주어서 긍정적인 변화가 있도록 하시렵니까? 이 마지막 상황은 아마도 가장 힘들 것 같은데, 결점에 대하여 지적을 받으면 모든 사람이 다 호의적으로 반응하는 것은 아니기 때문입니다. 그러나 우리는 위 세 시나리오에 처하였을 때 그들에게 알려주고 그들이 상황을 바로 잡을 기회를 주는 것이 최선이라는데 의견을 같이 하리라고 나는 생각합니다. 그리고 우리가 그러한 문제들 중에 하나가 생겼을 때 누군가 우리에게 말해준다면 우리는 틀림없이 그것을 고맙게 생각할 것입니다. Switching the circumstances a bit, suppose you had very helpful information to share with a colleague. For instance, new computer software that could greatly enhance the quality of his or her work. Or some insight into a client’s needs that could assist in closing a crucial sale. Would you tell your colleague? Or would you want that person to inform you if they had such useful information? 상황을 조금 바꾸어서, 당신이 동료와 나누면 매우 도움이 되는 정보를 가졌다고 가정해봅시다. 예를 들면, 그 사람의 업무의 질을 크게 높일 수 있는 새로운 컴퓨터 소프트웨어, 또는 중요한 매출을 성사시키는데 도움이 되는 고객의 필요에 대한 통찰력, 이러한 정보를 당신의 동료에게 말해 주시렵니까? 혹은 그들이 그러한 유용한 정보를 가졌다면 그 사람이 당신에게 알려주기를 원합니까? We might not have a legal or even ethical obligation to do so, but it would be the right thing to do – the caring, compassionate thing to do. I find it interesting, however, that when it comes to discussing matters of spiritual importance, we often feel as if we are “imposing” upon others to communicate our deeply held beliefs. Yes, we need to respect what other people believe, whether they agree with us or not. But if we are convinced matters of faith are important, whether in our personal or professional lives, why are we often reluctant to talk with others about them? 우리는 그렇게 해야 할 법적인 혹은 윤리적인 의무를 갖고 있지 않을지 모르지만, 그것은 해야 될 옳은 일 – 배려하는, 자비로운 일 – 이 될 것입니다. 하지만, 내가 흥미롭게 생각하는 것은, 영적인 중요성의 문제에 대하여 토론하게 될 때, 우리는 보통 다른 사람들에게 우리가 마음 속 깊이 간직하고 있는 믿음을 전달하면서 “부담을 주는” 것처럼 느낀다는 것입니다. 그렇습니다. 우리는 다른 사람들이 믿는 것을 존중하여야 하는데, 그들이 우리와 의견을 같이 하든, 하지 않든 그래야 합니다. 그러나 만약 우리가 우리의 개인적인 삶 속이든 혹은 직업적인 삶 속이든 믿음의 문제가 중요하다고 확신한다면, 왜 우리는 종종 다른 사람들과 그것들에 대하여 이야기하는 것을 꺼려할까요? In the 19th century, British preacher Charles H. Spurgeon made this powerful statement that still challenges us today:"If sinners be damned, at least let them leap to hell over our bodies. If they will perish, let them perish with our arms about their knees. Let no one go there unwarned and unprayed for." Strong words, no doubt, but spoken from an impassioned, persuaded heart. 19세기 영국의 설교가 찰스 H. 스펄전은 오늘날에도 여전히 우리에게 도전을 주는 강력한 말을 해주었습니다: “죄인들이 저주를 받아야 한다면, 적어도 그들이 우리의 몸을 뛰어넘어서 지옥으로 가게 하라. 그들이 죽게 된다면 우리의 팔을 그들의 무릎에 감고 죽게 하라. 아무도 경고를 받지 않고 그리고 기도를 받지 않고 거기에 가지 않도록 하라.” 의심의 여지 없이 강력한 말이지만, 간절한, 간곡한 마음으로 한 말입니다. In the New Testament, Jesus made a declaration many of His hearers probably considered audacious, even intolerant: “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me” (John 14:6). Every day we encounter people who believe there are “many ways to God,” and others who believe this life is all there is. But if we really believe in a heaven and a hell, and that Jesus offers the only way to spending eternity with God, is it wrong to want to tell others? 신약성서에서 예수께서는 어쩌면 그분의 말씀을 듣는 사람들 대다수가 대담하고, 심지어 받아들이기 어렵다고 생각한 선언을 하였습니다: “내가 곧 길이요 진리요 생명이니 나로 말미암지 않고는 아버지께로 올 자가 없느니라” (요한복음 14:6). 매일 우리는 “하나님께로 가는 길이 많이” 있다고 믿는 사람들과 이생의 삶이 전부라고 믿는 사람들을 만납니다. 그러나 우리가 정말로 천국과 지옥이 있다는 것을, 그리고 예수께서 하나님과 영원히 함께 지내는 유일한 길을 제공한다고 믿는다면, 다른 사람들에게 말해주고 싶어하는 것이 잘못일까요? In Colossians 1:28-29, the apostle Paul wrote, "We proclaim Him, admonishing every man and teaching every man with all wisdom, so that we may present every man complete in Christ. For this purpose also I labor, striving according to His power, which mightily works within me." 골로새서 1:28-29에서, 사도 바울은, “우리가 그를 전파하여 각 사람을 권하고 모든 지혜로 각 사람을 가르침은 각 사람을 그리스도 안에서 완전한 자로 세우려 함이니 이를 위하여 나도 내 속에서 능력으로 역사하시는 이의 역사를 따라 힘을 다하여 수고하노라” 라고 썼습니다. Let me ask you: If you saw I was headed to eternal hell – would you tell me? 당신에게 묻고 싶다: 내가 영원한 지옥을 향하여 가고 있는 것을 당신이 보았다면 – 나에게 알려주시겠습니까? Ken Korkow lives in Omaha, Nebraska, U.S.A., where he serves as an area director for CBMC. This is adapted from the “Fax of Life” column that he writes each week. Used with permission. CBMC INTERNATIONAL: Jim Firnstahl, President 2850 N. Swan Road, Suite 160 ▪ Tucson, Arizona 85712 ▪ U.S.A. TEL.: 520-334-1114 ▪ E-MAIL: mmanna@cbmcint.org Web site: www.cbmcint.org Please direct any requests or change of address to: jmarple@cbmcint.org Reflection/Discussion Questions 1. Have you ever approached a colleague or coworker to inform them about a problem they were having, large or small? Were you at all hesitant to tell them? How did they respond? 당신은 동료나 동료직원에게 다가가서 크든 작든 그들이 갖고 있는 문제를 알려주려고 한 적이 있습니까? 당신은 그들에게 알려주는 것을 주저하였습니까? 그들은 어떻게 반응하였습니까? 2. How would you feel if you were having a problem that you were unaware of, for whatever reason, and no one was concerned enough or had the courage to tell you about it? 당신이 깨닫지 못하고 있는 문제를 가지고 있는데 어떤 이유로든 아무도 관심을 갖지 않거나 그에 대하여 말할 용기가 없다면 당신은 어떤 느낌일까요? 3. Why do you think people are reluctant to talk with others about matters of faith, even when they think spirituality is an important element of life – even in the business and professional world? 왜 사람들은 영적인 것이 인생의 중요한 요소 – 사업과 전문직 세계에서도 – 라고 생각하면서도 믿음의 문제에 대하여 다른 사람들과 말하는 것을 주저한다고 생각합니까? 4. Has anyone ever talked with you about spiritual or faith-related matters in a work context? If so, what was your response? When, in your opinion, is it appropriate to have conversations or discussions like that – and when is it not appropriate? 어떤 사람이 일과 관련하여 영적인 혹은 믿음과 관련된 일에 대하여 당신과 이야기한 적이 있습니까? 그렇다면, 당신의 반응은 어떠하였습니까? 당신의 의견으로는 언제 그와 같은 대화나 토론을 하는 것이 적절하고 – 언제 적절하지 않습니까? NOTE: If you have a Bible and would like to read more about this subject, consider the following passages(관련성구): John(요) 3:16; Matthew(마) 28:18-20; Ephesians(엡) 6:19-20; Colossians(골) 4:5-6; 1 Peter(벧전) 3:15